Week Without Words (WWW) campaign www.weekwithoutwords.org.au, is our annual fundraising and awareness campaign to highlight the challenges of those who struggle to verbally communicate. For 95% of our children, conditions like dyspraxia, autism or cognitive difficulties make speaking an everyday challenge.
The aim of our Week Without Words campaign is to raise awareness for those who live with a communication disability in our community and to raise the much needed funds to pay for speech therapy and communication devices that enable our children to have a voice.
Money raised in 2017 will help us give every verbally impaired child at St Lucy’s an effective communication system and will also pay for:
- Speech therapists working with class teachers to identify the communication ‘gaps’ of every child with a verbal disability
- Training in the use of communication devices for students and their families
- Programs to address behavoural problems that are linked to the frustration of not being able to speak or communicate effectively
- Literacy for Life reading program to help students read the signs and notices they see everyday in the community
- ipads and Proloquo2Go licences
Fundraising is fun. If you or any friends or family would like to be involved, here are some ideas to get you started:
- Get sponsored to stay silent for a special event, meeting, book club, tennis game, gym class etc
- Get sponsored to give up social media communication (facebook, Instagram, twitter) for a day
- Have a Week without Words collection box at your business
- Hold a fundraising morning tea or dinner at your home
- Sell raffle tickets for the Week Without Words Raffle
- Donate a prize for the Week Without Words Raffle
- Encourage your local school, Scouts or Girl Guides to participate in Week Without words
If you wish to donate to a Week Without Words fundraiser please click on the link:
To register your interest or for more information about St Lucy’s Week Without Words, please email Alex Fisher firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 9487 1277. We do hope you will join Week Without Words in 2016.