ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking an experienced Primary & Secondary Teacher specialising in special education at our Wahroonga campus commencing in 2021. Our classroom teachers are the ‘project manager’ for their class and leads the classroom team providing direction and instructions to the teacher’s aides. They are responsible for the social, emotional, physical and spiritual well-being of their students and for their progress in all areas of the curriculum.
The School’s core values are Joy, Community, Courage and Truth. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned with these values.
To be successful for this role, the following experience, skills and attributes are essential.:
- Demonstrated commitment to student well-being and child safety.
- Collaborative team member approach.
- Possess a high level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to build and maintain positive relationships.
- Effective planning and organisational skills, including good time management skills.
- Acts professionally and maintains confidentiality.
- Obtain the necessary Qualifications
- Current Teacher Accreditation with NESA and a current Employee Working with Children Check.
- Participation in co-curricular activities, camps and day trips/excursions.
- A preparedness to embrace the ethos and values of St Lucy’s School.
The following experience, skills and attributes are desirable.:
- Qualifications or study in the area of Special Education
- Prior experience in Special Education in Primary or Secondary schools.