Monday to Friday, no weekend work.
Working school terms allowing a great work – life balance
St Lucy’s School, based in Wahroonga is a Catholic primary school in the Dominican tradition, for students of all faiths. The school is dedicated to students with intellectual disabilities and we provide excellence in education that empowers students with the values, knowledge, attitudes and skills to flourish and participate fully in society. St Lucy’s is a vibrant, joyful environment where each child is treasured and lives are transformed as our students strive to reach their full potential. As a Public Benevolent Institution, tax-effective salary packaging opportunities up to $15,899 each year tax free are available.
We are currently seeking a suitably experienced and qualified Bus Driver to provide transport between the Central Coast and Wahroonga for our students.
You will have experience in driving a variety of buses up to 23 seats including those with a wheelchair hoist and hold a current Light Rigid Drivers Licence.
This role will be working 5 days a week and will work between 6:30am-9.30am and 2.15pm-5:15pm Monday to Friday during school terms.
Whilst there is no closing date for this vacancy, we are eager to find the right person to join the team as soon as possible and we hope to commence interviews as suitable applications are received. Please send a resume providing two referees and an accompanying letter to email@example.com.
- Assisting students on and off the bus
- Driving the bus
- Completing inspections of school vehicles
- Ensuring cleanliness of the internal and external surfaces of school vehicles
- Refuelling and completing log books
- Organising bus maintenance and registration checks
- Maintaining and co-ordinating first aid supplies on the school vehicles.
Skills, Knowledge and Attributes:
- Have a calm and understanding manner.
- A genuine interest in and compassion for children with disabilities
- Current Light Rigid Australian Drivers licence with a clean driving history
- Ability to obtain a valid NSW Bus Driver Authority
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Valid Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of NSW Road rules and the ability to abide with road laws and safety principles
- The ability to work independently with limited supervision.