About St Lucy’s Primary School
The St Lucy’s Primary Curriculum is designed to give students a breadth of education while also meeting student’s individual abilities, interests, and special education needs. This includes the disability adjustments that they require.
St Lucy’s chooses to be registered as a Primary School with NESA (NSW Education Standards Authority) to provide students with as many learning opportunities, if not more, as primary students in mainstream settings.
There is a focus on community-based learning and this increases as students’ progress through their schooling. Our aim for students is that when they leave school that they take their rightful place as productive and valued members of their community. Key to this goal is a strong focus on Communication, Literacy, Numeracy, Social and Emotional Learning and independence skills.
We enhance the curriculum with additional programs which provide more one on one teaching time to drive better outcomes and more enriched learning experience for all of our students.
We believe that students learn best by experiencing, and utilise a range of teaching approaches to motivate and engage students in their learning.
St Lucy’s Primary School offers:
• Student support through quality primary teaching and integrated therapy services
• Individual programs that are designed so our students meet their potential
• A family approach where both students and parents are supported to reach their goals
• Catholic faith and leadership
• State-of-the-art purpose built facilities and resources
• Innovation and technology that assists all students to get the best primary school experience
• Opportunities to engage with our Creative Arts, life skills, outdoors and co-curricular activities.
• The option to continue their schooling with us into high school
In addition to our main campus at Wahroonga, we have satellite classes located at Prouille Wahroonga, St Joseph’s Narrabeen and St John’s Narraweena.
Our Satellite program is for students whose goal is to transition to a mainstream school. Each satellite class provides students with the opportunity to engage with mainstream peers on the playground and school events.
Satellite Classes are run by St Lucy’s specialist teaching team including Creative Arts and Physical Education lessons and supported by St Lucy’s therapy services including Speech Pathologist s and Occupational Therapists.
Read more about our Satellite Class Program.
Our Year Groups
St Lucy’s Primary School
Further Reading Suggestions: